Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 23:27:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [Vo]:"Non-Chemical Heat Phenomenon" Label more neutral.
From: jedrothw...@gmail.com
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

Harry Veeder <hlvee...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Yes there is fairly convincing evidence of tritium and helium production,
however
the evidence that they are produced in same ratio as plasma fusion is really
meager.
Tritium is far from the same ratio. Millions of times off, and inconsistent.
Only the helium is in approximately the same ratio.

Some say the evidence for this is meager, others say it is strong. My point is
that people in the latter group should go ahead and call it "fusion." If you
want to give it some other name, feel free.

The name is not important. But I think it is somewhat important that you not
insist we are ignorant, and you not demand that others agree with that. People
who have concluded it is have thought about this carefully, and they have a
right to their opinions.

Discussion of this topic veers into lunacy when Krivit insists that not only is
cold fusion not fusion, but McKubre and others who believe it is have published
fake data and are involved in a weird vendetta to enforce this point of view.
McKubre does not care one tiny bit whether other scientists think it is fusion
or not, or whether they believe his helium results. They can take those results
or leave them. There is no reason for him to publish falsified data. If he
cared about other people's opinions he would never be working in the most
controversial field in the history of modern science!