Axil Axil wrote:

The leakage of hydrogen argument is a good new bad news explanation.

If hydrogen leaks out of the Rossi reactor with little or no resistance, then this “good news” can explain and justify the theory behind Rossi’s explanation (aka hydrogen-nickel fusion).

However, the Cat-E will leak tritium with a vengeance and produce tritiated water. *Tritiated water* is a form of water where the usual hydrogen atoms are replaced with tritium.

This unfortunate characteristic would prohibit the commercialization of the Cat-E worldwide.

I wouldn't worry about that. If they can contain tritium in "exit" signs I suppose they can contain it in Rossi cells. Probably not in the prototypes he is making now, but anyone can see they are crude.

There is lots of radioactive material in the natural background, such as radon. This is a concern, and you might need an alarm on a Rossi machine to detect tritium leaks. The alarm would be very similar to a smoke detector, only without the Am. It would be very cheap, in other words. I do not think the overall hazard would be as great as for a conventional gas fired boiler or space heater.

It has not even been established that Rossi reactors produce tritium, but other cold fusion reactors do, occasionally. When the technology matures, I expect they will be able to "tune" the reaction to prevent this.