Is it too much to ask for ONE TEST in which EVERYTHING is done correctly:   eg

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/conferences/2011/ICCF16/pres/ET01Grabowski-RobustPerformanceValidation.pdf

Their methodology is pretty much what I've been insisting (except that I didn't require a dummy electric-heater unit) on : in particular:

If possible, ascertain contents of “Black Box” before and after test to limit quantity of stored energy available

Knowledge of mass and volume of “Black Box”
High power output device (i.e., > kW), compared to inputs
Long time measurements (days?) if at lower power
Limited mass and volume available for fuel

and

The test should be conducted for a sufficient continuous period to strongly exclude the possibility of stored chemicals generating the observed energy output.