Jones Beene wrote:

The dogs used for special missions come equipped with titanium fangs -
replacing the normal Canine teeth at a cost of about $10k per animal.
That has urban myth written all over it!

However, there are reports of police dogs getting titanium replacement teeth for $600. See:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1316963/Metal-teeth-give-US-police-dog-a-new-bite.html

As a human with many capped teeth, I sympathize with the poor critters.

It wouldn't surprise me if Uncle Sam pays $10,000 for a veterinary procedure worth $600. That's one of the reasons our health care system costs 3 times more than any other first-world system and rates dead last in actual health care performance.