> About a month ago Mauro said that what had happened was thus far a proof
> of
> safety.

You're right, but "thus far" was just after the first explosion, and based
on publicly available information.
I changed my mind just one or two days later, after the explosion in
number 3, and particularly, the internal explosion at the number 2
reactor.

> Now that they admit there was a full meltdown in the reactor, do you now
> still think that Nuclear power is safe? (or will every meltdown be the
> exception?)

I still think that the risks of nuclear energy are preferable to the risks
and consequences of other forms of energy. Like, by example, when
countries are invaded and millions of people killed because of their oil
reserves.