*Each year a typical 1000 mega-watt (MW) commercial power reactor will
produce 300 to 500 pounds of plutonium -- enough to build between 25 - 40
Nagasaki-sized atomic bombs.)*

* *

A reactor that produces bomb grade plutonium (aka pu239) must be stopped
frequently and reprocessed to avoid contamination by pu238 and pu240.

A long running commercial plant with a high fuel burnup will produce
plutonium that is not suitable for making a bomb since it will be loaded
with pu238 and pu240 contamination.