There are claims (from multiple unrelated sources) of matter which 'stops
existing' and yet the energy from that is not what you might assume. (not
explosive in the least)

Not to say that a matter antimatter reaction would not be as powerful as
imagined, but I don't think that conventional science has the big picture.

So to assume that the experience of one condition involving nuclear
reactions will be the same as different conditions might be wholly
incorrect, for instance there is evidence that life can cause transmutation
of matter.

And yet this is not under the same set of conditions as that in an Nuclear
Reactor/Weapon and the chicken fed Potassium is not radioactive and does not
explode when it makes Calcium.

'Scientists' know the 'normal rules' of the game, but what about when the
rules of the game are changed, suppose for example that it were possible to
the energy of the vacuum in some way, would things still act as expected?

Consider that light can be made to slow down and stop if some exotic
experiments are to be believed, even the weirdness found and admitted by
conventional Physicists shows that under unusual conditions we don't know
much.

So what if it is causing Transmutation and yet getting it's energy from
somewhere else, Chickens do (If you believe Kervran).

Now I'm not saying I believe this is the case, really I view that this
device is largely mostly.
But you might want to avoid too quickly applying conventional assumptions to
devices that don't make conventional sense.