*Dear Jed Rothwell: *

*
I am not going to give more information about this issue. Just can say we
have invented a process of ours to enrich Ni without relevant costs. To
elaborate Ni powders along classic processes is the invention of the hot
water. It is as invent and patent the sputtering in 2010…
Warm regards,
A.R.*

I would like to draw attention to the word “sputtering” in Rossi’s response.

During the processing of the nano-powder, I speculate that when Rossi
implants the nickel nano-powder onto the walls of the stainless steel
reaction vessel, the sputtering technique that he uses implants the powder
particles enriched in heavy nickel isotopes in preference to the powder
particles enriched with only light ones.

This could be the result of the magnetic and/or electrostatic guiding
technique Rossi is using that puts the powder particles where he wants them
to go.

It could be that Rossi only wastes 10% of the nano-powder in this
“sputtering” process

The process that Rossi uses to enrich the nano-powder would have to be
non-destructive of that powder. We know he buys his powder from a vender of
such things. He also gave samples of this powder to the Swedes as an initial
sample to compare against an old ash sample.

Rossi is not going to rework the nano-powder he is getting from his
nano-powder vender. So it must be a particle selection process that somehow
selects particles containing heavy isotopes in preference to light ones.

As background, here is an explanation of what “sputtering” might mean in
this context

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sputter_deposition