Hi,
[snip]
>Somewhere in the paper they state that the photon multiplication rate is
>several thousand to one. IOW the pump the material at something like 11 GHz
>and see a much larger number of photons at something like 9 GHz. Curiously
>it is not a harmonic, per se.

Quote:

"In our measurement setup, we see such resonances, with Q 30-50, likely
associated with the superconducting cable which runs between the sample and the
amplifier. This implies an enhancement of the photon production rate by a factor
of 1000-2000, consistent with what we observe."

What they seem to be saying is that the photon production rate with the
resonance is 1000-2000 times what it would be without the resonance (if I read
it correctly). That doesn't really say anything about the ratio of input to
output power. In fact the overall tenor of the paper seems to be that they were
happy to detect the signal at all, not that they had a new source of power.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk