These are follow-up questions, and the questions posed are very much
related to my previous subject thread: "A Third Way."

It's my understanding that certain types of subatomic virtual
particles possess mass, such as fermions, electrons, positrons, etc...
It's also my understanding virtual particles are no different than
real particles - only that their existence in our universe is
fleeting. Nevertheless, I gather there are circumstances (which
includes special experiments that have been conducted) where the
fleeting nature of virtual particles can be disentangled in such a
manner that causes their fundamental nature to become permanent in our
universe.

I could be wrong on this point but I get the impression that the
universe as it, how shall I put it...  -quantum fluctuates- produces a
LOT of virtual particles, this despite the fact that individually
speaking their life spans are exceedingly short. Nevertheless this
suggests that at any moment in time, the aggregate total mass of all
of these virtual particles could turn out to be a LOT. This begs
several questions...

Could the aggregate total mass of all these virtual particles account
for some of the dark matter detected in our universe? Better yet, has
this premise already been questioned and pursued by scientists and
physicists? Due to the fact that individual virtual particles exist
ever-so briefly in our universe, they would NEVER EVER get the chance
to clump up into physical objects like planets, stars, and such. The
mass of virtual particles would just sort of suddenly hang around in
certain areas of the universe and remain frustratingly undetectable.

This has also let me to wonder whether r if "quantum fluctuations" DO
vary in different areas of the universe, thus producing more virtual
"mass" than in other areas... there would seem to be more "dark
matter" detected in certain areas of the universe than in other areas.
If so, what circumstances would produce an increase in quantum
fluctuations in these areas of the universe.

In conclusion, I'm speculat'in here that... state changes in various
types of elements (and/or alloys) as they transition back and forth
between crystalline solids and that of a liquid might also possibly
account for an increase in certain kinds of quantum fluctuations,
which in turn results in an increase in sub-atomic particle
generation, as well as additional mass.

Inquiring minds want to know. ;-)

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson