At 12:05 PM 6/19/2011, Terry Blanton wrote:
On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Akira Shirakawa
<shirakawa.ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1- The fake diagram of steam has been given to the "snake"

Anyone have any idea what he means here?  I do not recall a diagram.
Is he speaking of a water phase graph?

You need a program, with notes.

Supposedly Krivit showed Levi some diagram. This is totally irrelevant, it's Levi and Rossi blowing smoke. Suppose that Krivit showed Levi some diagram, does it matter? My recollection is that Krivit got the diagram from a textbook, but this gets so bloody contorted....

The point is that steam quality is very important. That is all that any diagram could establish. And it's simply true, with or without a diagram. Krivit may simply have been trying to bolser his argument, and, my guess, Krivit shouldn't have done that. With my twenty-twenty hindsight.

(As a journalist, Krivit should rigorously avoid giving his own arguments. He might present an argument from someone else, i.e., "So-and-so has claimed that blah-blah, what can you tell me about this?" And then make sure that the answer is clear to him.

(If it's not clear to him, then, he'd explain that he doesn't understand how this response answers the question, and if he's puzzled, so too might his readers be. A journalist should rigorously avoid, in the investigative process, taking a position. My own opinion is that this neutrality should extend to reported conclusions as well, though a reporter, in some environments, may state a personal conclusion, the problem comes when this starts to affect how the issues are reported. Strictly speaking, a neutral reporter does not report personal conclusions at all, any conclusions are attributed.)

A neutral report, with proper attribution, will hardly ever be wrong in the judgment of history. Errors arise in conclusions.

Personally, I think that Krivit's done a decent job, here, though his last report worries me a little, he's suggesting that conclusions may be drawn from his personal experience, when, in fact, all that the personal experience shows is that Rossi did not want to cooperate with him. As we have seen from Jed Rothwell, it was the same with Jed, but Jed had tried to establish the ground rules first, Krivit seems to have just showed up.... more or less.

Krivit, as someone with established views on LENR, would not seem like an ordinary reporter. It seems astonishing to me that Rossi would not already be aware of who Steve Krivit is, but it's possible he didn't. Then Rossi gets this report from his VERY GOOD investigator, who may have simply googled Krivit and came up with the obvious, but who jumped to conclusions without anything like VERY GOOD investigation.

If we assume that Rossi is honest and straightforward, we are left with some serious contradictions, so, my operating conclusion, confirmed by this -- and not really contradicted by Rossi himself -- is that Rossi is not "honest and straightforward," which really ought to be a no-brainer.

Rossi is concealing stuff, but he has a habit of opening his mouth, which is going to lead to some contradictions! Apparently, there is an English phrase he never learned: "No comment." I think that in business school, they have people write this a thousand times on the chalkboard, so that it will be ready at hand and reflexively used until the person has strong reason to actually make a comment.....