Hi,
[snip]
>Rossi could use tungsten as a replacement for stainless steel (SS) as the
>shell of his reaction vessel. The nano-powder has a higher melting
>temperature then SS. Tungsten is also opaque to x-rays/gamma-rays can
>replace lead shielding; and very importantly, it is also impermeable to
>hydrogen
[snip]
This may or may not make a difference. It depends on where the balance point is.
If it's below the melting point of SS then it won't make any difference, because
as soon as he goes beyond the balance point, the thing just runs away and keeps
on heating up until the either the container or the Ni melt (whichever has the
lower melting point). Either way the unit is destroyed. However if the balance
point is above the melting point of SS then it would make a difference.
From what I have seen so far, my guess would be that the balance point is below
the melting point of SS.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk