Jeff Driscoll wrote:

I've been trying to say multiple times that the meter measures
humidity of air up to 98% humidity.  The probe can go to 150 C without
being broken but that does not mean that it can measure accurately up
to 150 C.
But that's for *air* anyway.  We want to know the steam quality.  This
probe does *not* do this.

It takes an expensive complicated system to measure steam quality and
even then, the one I found on the market needs an overpressure of some
amount so that it can expand it into a chamber and then measure the
resulting temperature,

Not according to the Delta Ohm company or the Testo company. They say their meters tell you the enthalpy per kilogram of steam, so all you have to do is determine the mass.

Perhaps you know more than the engineers at these companies, and perhaps you are right and they are wrong. I doubt that. I'll go with those companies and with Dr. Galantini. I will also go with the results of the second test with water, which confirmed the steam test.