Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:

> The Testo 650 is used for measuring *humidity*, Jed, for, like, food
> manufacturing and storage, etc.
>
> Read that HP literature. The device measures up to 100% humidity, it
> claims. Wet steam is above 100% humidity. The literature claims that the
> device measures: CO2, CO, temperature, and relative humidity. Other
> parameters are calculated from these measurements.

http://www.testo.com/online/embedded/Sites/INT/SharedDocuments/ProductBrochures/0563_6501_en_01.pdf

It isn't HP; it is testo. The meter also measures "absolute humidity g/m^3"
(mass) and enthalpy (kcal/kg), which is what we want to measure. I guess
enthalpy is derived from absolute humidity and temperature.

Elsewhere you wrote:

> You misunderstood that, I believe. Look at what the thing actually
> measures, and look at the humidity measurement operating range. "85% (max),
> no condensation." This thing doesn't work in the presence of liquid water,
> as I read it.

There would be no point to making a meter like this if it did not work in
the presence of liquid water, because there is almost always some liquid
water in process steam. It is never purely dry.

I think people here should concede that Galantini is expert enough to select
the right kind of meter after all, and it is likely he also knows how to use
the meter to measure by mass instead of volume.