Abd wrote:
"One page 6, the list of humidity probes begins. The "robust" probe, part
number 0628 0021, is rated
to 180 C. The measurement range extends from 0 to 100% RH. However, the
accuracy is not rated above
98%. Basically, the accuracy is 2%, from 2 to 98% RH."

Abd, give me a link to what you're reading because on the webpage that
Galantini provided a link to
on NET website in his response to Krivits visit, here are the specs for
humidity accuracy:
 +-2.5%RH (10...90% RH)
 +-3.5%RH remaining range
And the usable temperature range is "-40C...+150C" and the usable RH range is
"0...100% RH"

Abd wrote:
"But the meter has no capacity to measure that excess water, it would simply
peg at 100%, it seems.
I see no sign, anywhere, of any expert opinion that RH meters have any
application to the
measurement of steam quality."

Yes, as I've been trying to explain all along, once you get to 100%RH, all
remaining water will be
in the form of liquid water because at the given temperature and pressure it is
now saturated and
can no longer support further water molecules as vapor.

I've already answered your question as to HOW one can calculate that portion
that is liquid water...

Let's go thru this one step at a time (I'll start a new thread) and hopefully
we'll learn
something...

-Mark