Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:14:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [Vo]:E-Cat vs. Water Heater for coffee/tea...
From: joshua.c...@gmail.com
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Finlay MacNab <finlaymac...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

There are several different part numbers listed in the sensor chart in the pdf.

A number of them are rated to 150C.

Again, I think you're reading that wrong. There is a table that gives the
"application range" for RH and temperature measurement in two columns. The
application range for temperature measurement is -40 to 150C. I don't think
that means the RH can be measured over that range.

Below the table, there is a section called "common characteristics" (meaning it
applies to all of the probes in the table) and for the RH sensors, it gives the
"sensor operating temperature" as -20 to 80C.

also.

It would appear that the measurement would benefit from a measurement of
pressure inside the reactor in order to confirm the steam is super heated.

Assuming it could be measured accurately enough, and the water is pure enough.
I think the flat temperature curve is better evidence that the steam is not
superheated. Look at any of the temperature graphs. As the temperature
increases, the curve is not perfectly smooth. There are small fluctuations. But
when the bp is reached, it is completely flat, as if there is some fundamental
physical reason for it. That reason is the presence of liquid water.

It would be much easier and much more convincing if a small reduction in the
flow rate caused the steam to go substantially above boiling by 10 or more
degrees. But in all the experiments, the steam temperature is always flat, and
within a degree or so of 100C.