I have stumbled upon yet another peculiar engineering design choice. This
one I cannot explain as anthing other than a deliberate and
studied inplimentation with the sole intent to defraud.

Whereas the previous choices might be explained by oversight, or ignorance I
see no way to justify this one.

It would be easier in terms of cost and labor to route the outlet of the
E-car off the top of the chimney. The peculiar choice to route it out of the
side means customizing parts as best I can tell. Search among the suppliers
of copper pipe fittings. If anyone can find evidence that reducing "T" such
visible is the photographs of the Ecat is manufactured by anyone, let me
know.

Routing out of the top would require only a couple of pipe reducers and an
90 degree elbow. This choice would not allow water in liquid phase to weep
out the exit. Placing it on the top would mean the water would have to rise
into the elbow at the top before weeping over into the outlet hose, making
it far more difficult to explain to the critical eye.