Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:

> Jed claims that there has been extensive testing, but we don't have
> confirmation on that, AFAIK, from the actual testing agencies. And what,
> exactly, was tested is not clear.

I did not claim that. Defkalion did, during their press conference. The
Minister of Energy was sitting in the audience, and the top newspapers and
TV stations were there. So if that were not true, I suppose the Minister
would have told the reporters. He would have objected, strenuously. He did
not; he smiled and confirmed the report.

The tests have been described in some detail in the Defkalion white paper
and forum. I am gathering up this kind of thing for a new FAQ and new page.

Abd's imaginary conversation:

> 3 PM, March 27, 2011: We have operated ten devices supplied by Defkalion
> for three weeks, now, and they have not blown up, nor do they show any signs
> of impending failure. The devices did not exceed the rated external
> temperatures.
>
> Memo from the Director of Safety Testing: Did you measure the generated
> heat?
>
> Response from testing technician: No, of course not, that wasn't in the
> test specification. We did not see any explosions. . . .

Ha, ha. Very funny. I am getting sick of such comments, made here and
elsewhere.

Let us get some things straight here, folks:

First, European and Japanese regulatory engineers and scientists are every
bit as good at their jobs as U.S. ones are. That is to say, top notch. I
have read dozens -- hundreds -- of reports by DoE staff members and the
Italian Nat. Nuclear labs, on cold fusion and other subjects. These people
are professionals. They do not make the kind of idiotic mistakes Abd
imagines (presumably as a joke).

Second, the mass media, and the people making these comments here and
off-line to me are parochial, small minded and biased. If Secretary Chu of
the U.S. DoE had attended a press conference in which a U.S. corporation
said something like: "The DoE has confirmed that our cold fusion reactors
work, and government agencies are now in the process of licensing them for
commercial production" -- and Chu then spoke with reporters and confirmed
that, I expect that *every single newspaper* and *every person here* would
take it as irrefutable proof that cold fusion is real and the U.S.
government is on track to approve commercial reactors. You would not
question this, or doubt it.

I think you should have more respect for scientists and regulatory officials
in other countries.