At 10:32 AM 7/15/2011, Joshua Cude wrote:

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Jed Rothwell <<mailto:jedrothw...@gmail.com>jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

It is all nonsense and bullshit. The 18-hour tests with flowing water proved that the large cell is producing ~17 kW.

If it did, then the steam should have been a few hundred degrees C in the January test, and not 100C. But of course it doesn't prove anything other than that Rossi and Levi are capable of making unproven claims.

There is nothing wrong with making "unproven claims." The problem here is with Rothwell asserting such claims as if they were proof. We have already seen certain errors asserted by Rossi and Levi, even vehemently asserted. Thus we don't consider claims from them as if they were clear evidence. They are claims, simply. For better and for worse.

They may be true, they might represent errors, including undiscovered and unknown errors. Some possibilities have been asserted, but "possibility" is certainly a proof of nothing, other than this: a possibility, if not yet found to be preposterous, indicates lack of proof of the contrary.

The Lewan video proved that the smaller cells are producing lots of steam.

A little steam.

Some steam, is what a neutral observer might say, eh? How much steam? The question is an important one, unless it can be shown conclusively that all the water is being boiled and that the steam is reasonably dry and that there is no liquid leakage to the output hose and that the input flow is accurately measured for the period involved.

The precise amount of steam does not matter because if there was not excess heat, there would be water at 60°C and no steam at all.

No. In the Lewan demo, the flow rate was lower, and the input power was enough to bring the water to the boiling point. So that means only a small deception, and not a nuclear reaction, is needed to explain the little puff of steam.

or small error. "Deception" is a big word, which we should avoid in kindergarten. Maybe even later, much later....

If you do not believe the 18-hour test data, you have no reason to believe any of the other data, so you might as well drop the subject.

If you *do* believe the 18-hour test data, there is no reason to pay any attention at all to the steam demos, and *you* might as well drop the subject. The attention that you do pay to the public demos shows you have less confidence in the 18-hour test than you claim.

I agree that Jed would be better off dropping this, he's reduced to making non-arguments like "nonsense." And he seems to want others who don't accept his arguments to stop discussing the issues, which is not a good sign as to the strength of his own position.

He might be basing this on non-public information, but, then, the rest of us are stuck with something. We don't have that information, so do we trust Jed's conclusions from it? And we see his reasoning process with public information, and find it defective. So ... Jed, you aren't going to convince us by ranting about nonsense and asserting that, to maintain some skepticism here, we must be claiming that others are lying. Those are the signs of someone who isn't arguing rationally.

Doesn't mean you are wrong, it means that you aren't recognizing that the rest of us don't have the same information as you, and you won't convince us unless we have a similar access to information.

If you don't like the steam tests, and you actually believe this garbage about people boiling away water with 7 times less energy than it normally takes,

No. The claim is the water is boiling with exactly as much energy as it normally takes, which is 7 times less energy than is needed to boil it away. It's a tricky concept, I know, but I hold out hope that if I say it often enough, you might stop pretending you don't understand it; that you'll take your fingers out of your ears and stop jabbering incoherently to keep you from hearing what you really don't like to hear.

Jed, Cude is a pseudo-skeptic, or at least has been one, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day, so if the stopped clock says it is "3 PM," and it is 3 PM, it's foolish to tell the stopped clock it's wrong, out of habit.