On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I forgot to mention there were ~2 L of water in the pot.
>
> I wrote:
>

>> 3 Omega GT-736590 thermometers, red liquid, total immersion, -10 to 100°C,
>> marked in 1°C increments
>>

> Correction: -10 to 110°C
>
> Regarding the heat-after-death event that Brown observed, I am assuming --
> or pretending, really -- that the power measurement was drastically wrong
> and there was enough input power to make the thing boil. That is not
> actually possible. Power meters are reliable. In both the Brown and Krivit
> demos, the input power is not high enough to allow boiling because much of
> the power goes to heat the eCat metal which radiates into the room, even
> with that insulation.

In the Krivit demo the boiling threshold was exceeded by 200W. There is
simply no way 200W radiates through that insulation. You are dreaming. You
are making things up to cling to your belief.

In real life, the temperatures close to boiling alone prove that there is
> anomalous heat, but to humor the skeptics we will pretend you can heat water
> inside a metal container without losses.

I didn't see the details of the Brown demo, but Brown says he goosed the
power first. So that would have produced boiling with just the electricity.

> Anyway the pretend scenario is that a couple of kilowatts of heat go into
> the cell because the input power is mismeasured. It boils. The power is
> turned off to demonstrate heat after death. Brown is not sure how long;
> roughly 2 minutes. Either because there is anomalous heat, or because there
> is so much heat left in the metal, the temperature does not fall
> significantly. Or, at least, Brown did not notice a persistently lower
> temperature. This may or may not indicate anomalous heat. As I said, it is a
> shame Brown did not write down temperatures, duration, the change in the
> mass of cooling water shown on the weight scale and other observations, and
> it is a shame he did not think to ask Rossi to leave the cell in
> heat-after-death mode for 5 minutes.

Well, if it was 2 kW, 5 minutes would not have been enough for a convincing
demo. It has to cool from whatever ecat temperature corresponds to 2 kW back
to the ecat temp corresponding to 600W before the water temperature starts
to drop. Judging by the rate of heating and cooling in the little data we've
been privy to, 5 minutes would not be nearly enough, regardless of your gas
stove and pot nonsense experiments.