Wherever the input power resistor is, its gradual surface
deterioration and fractal cracking will accelerate the flow of
electric current along the outside of the resistor, increasing the
direct transfer of heat energy into the input cooling water, 2 cc/sec
into a perhaps 200 cc interior volume, so 1 % mass of the contained
H2O is forced in as liquid by the input pump every second, while 1 %
of the contained H2O mass exits every second as a complex chaotic
mixture of hot water, froth, bubbles, mist, invisible dry steam, H2
and O2 from water electrolyzed by the electric currents on the surface
of the heating resistor -- the thermometer happens to be in a hot spot
that measures a location within the chaos that is, well, hotter...
always possible for there to be a stable hot spot in a complex fractal
chaos witch's pot.

For too high input electric power, the resistor corrosion results
eventually in direct shorting, arcing, and explosion, as Rossi admits
happened 17 times, if my feeble wits be trusted...

Be careful, O ye would rush to run your very own witch's pot!

In mutual service,  Rich Murray
rmfor...@gmail.com  505-819-7388