At 11:55 AM 7/21/2011, Joshua Cude wrote:

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 5:22 AM, Damon Craig <<mailto:decra...@gmail.com>decra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Originally, you may recall, numbers caste about were as high as 97% liquid by mass. This is dense enough a chunk of oak would float in it.

Please. 97% liquid by mass is still only 2% liquid by volume. That means the density would be .02*1g/cc + .98*(1/1700)g/cc = .02 g/cc, about 50 times less dense than water. This sort of wet steam (3% quality) is entirely plausible and is studied extensively in the literature.

Yeah, I *sort of* understand this stuff and still I forget. Joshua is right. Completely. That does not mean that 97% steam is likely, but it is certainly possible.