"It's a very strange method of control."

Damed straight it is. Something appears very wrong. The evidence shows-up in
Levi's original report (test #1) showing the device operating in the first
quadrant where an increase in input heat energy generates an increase in
reaction heat.  A decrease in input energy has resulted in a decrease in
reation rate.

Look at the dimp in the temperature in the second experiment. Levi is a
sloppy physicist, but not so sloppy we won't eventially decipher his garbled
report.