>From Terry:

> Well, Clanzer, and others, built exact replicas to no avail.
> I would not advise you to follow suit.

I wasn't planning on it.

My initial interest was strongly biased towards speculating on whether
an asymmetry might begin to manifest in "Alsetalokin's" ROTOR/STATOR
configuration if everything could be carefully choreographed with a
customized gear setup. The point being to make sure both ROTOR and
STATOR assembly would always be rotating in the same rotational
direction and in proper sync. This could be constructed, mechanically
speaking, with proper gear ratios constructed out of non-magnetic
materials.

However, despite my lack of funding & no shop issues, what makes me
seriously doubt my own speculation comes down to a personal suspicion
that magnetic phenomenon, as perceived from our Newtonian frame of
reference, is conservative, energy wise. As Mr. Lawrence previously
stated, the "...E&M model of magnetism is [perceived to be]
conservative." I tend to agree with this assumption. It seems to me
that if "conservation" wasn't maintained Mother Nature would either be
constantly blowing herself up, or seizing to a screeching near
absolute Zero temperature halt. Neither extreme seems to be happening,
at least from our Newtonian frame of reference. An uneasy status quo
seems to be maintained.

It may turn out to be a very different story on the quantum level
however, as we may soon discover.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com