----- Original Message -----

This reminds me of a pre 17th century argument that the Earth cannot be turning.
As everyone knows if the Earth was turning then the ground would move away from
you whenever you jumped in the air. However from our experience we know it does
not, theorefore the Earth is not turning.

In hindsight, it appears to be silly argument, but that is because the concept
of inertia was not well known or accepted.

> It may turn out to be a very different story on the quantum level
> however, as we may soon discover.

Quantum mechanics is to a new (future) physics like the Coperincan system was
to Newtonian physics.
The Coperincan system was new in many respects but it retained the potelmaic
principle of circular motion.
Harry