2011/8/23 Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>:
> Along similar lines, the tests with steam do not produce such easily
> understood, irrefutable results. But the weakness of these tests does not
> call into question the flowing water test.

It is kind of sad that Levi refuses to admit that he did poor
measurements with steam tests, because he was not familiar with them
and did not realize that when measuring total enthalpy from water
boiler, water inflow rate and "steam quality"(sic) measurements are
irrelevant. Only thing what is necessary for measuring enthalpy is to
put the outlet hose into barrel of cool water.

If he had realized this, then there would not be any arguments left.
But it was Levi's mistake, it is unfortunate, but it was a mistake.
But this mistake by Levi, also disproofs all criticism by Ekström,
Krivit, etc., because Levi (et al.) had all the might to do it right
way, but they failed with the experimental setup and continued to
measure irrelevant variables such as water inflow rate. Therefore Levi
is not the only one whom to blame.

Also 18 hour test had wrong approach to the experimental setup. It
would have been much easier to measure the enthalpy from steam and hot
water. Only requirement was to have large enough cooling water
reservoir that can be replaced on flight. With this kind of setup,
water inflow rate would be irrelevant and it can be variable and only
thing what is necessary to measure is the ΔT of cooling reservoir.

I think that Levi might have good reasons not to publish all the
details, if data is not very good. This is not surprising, as his
method was very crude and it did not allow good measurements. But I
think that his argument about the difficulties of making it properly
is out of the proportions, because we are not making detailed analysis
of Ni-H cold fusion, but only are measuring anomalous heat. This is
very simple to do.

Levi did it wrong way and he should just admit it. It is not  shame do
it wrong, because people usually are not experts in every field. E.g.
even for me to gain adequate knowledge to be an expert on this field,
required to write many messages to Joshua and others. But this is
called learning. And also gambling with very high stakes, because if
E-Cat is a hoax, I have wasted lots of my brain power to nonsense. I
definitely did not want to become the first class steam quality expert
only for nothing!

–Jouni