Dear Jed,
I think the best patent agents can improve a situation
but cannot reverse a lost situation to one of a winner.
If he had a compound X acting as catalyst, he could easily get a patent
protecting the E-cats against copying of
the core with Compound X. Theoretically good, in practice
a bit complicated and risky.
peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck