On Aug 31, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net> wrote:

The flowing water test was not public as far as I know. Where is the report showing the data etc.?

The data is in NyTeknik and LENR-CANR.org.

If you do not trust Levi et al. to report the results of the flow test honestly and accurately, then you cannot trust them to report any results, or to conduct a test without cheating. It would be very easy to make a fake test with a hidden wire. It would be even easier to pretend they have done a test and to publish fake data. If you do not believe that Levi et al. are credible, honest scientists you should dismiss all of these claims. You need only say "I don't believe them." The discussion ends there. Nothing more can be said, or needs to be said.

If your standard is that we can only trust "public tests" then you can throw out the whole of cold fusion and the rest of modern science, because public tests are rare and they seldom prove anything.

- Jed

What you say might be true if the public tests were reasonably well done. They weren't. There is thus no reason to believe closed door results were done any more competently unless sufficient information is published to make that determination.

What are the URLs? I was under the impression the details of the non- boiling flowing water test were kept confidential.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/