On Sep 15, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Peter Heckert wrote:

Am 15.09.2011 21:48, schrieb Horace Heffner:

On Sep 15, 2011, at 9:11 AM, Peter Heckert wrote:

Am 14.09.2011 22:31, schrieb Horace Heffner:

Sticking the one and only output measuring thermometer down inside the device is still as useless as ever for calorimetry purposes. It likely is directly heated by its metal surroundings. The water pulsing out of the device is clearly not 130°C.

I think with this new method this is not so important.

With only one thermometer for measuring output, located in a hidden place, what it reads does not make for credible calorimetry.

There cannot be a large temperature difference between water steam and metal.

This is false when more energy is being continually supplied than required to boil all the water to steam (ignoring through insulation losses). The excess energy has to go into heating the steam.

If more energy is supplied, this will not give false overunity results. It is absolutely unnecessary to know the temperature inside. It is absolutely sufficient if we know the input and the final output.
.
.
How does your response relate to my statement above? I am pointing out that the temperature of the steam can differ greatly from that of the metal, and can be way above that of boiling water, even at atmospheric pressure? The temperature of most of the metal can be way different from that of the water in the system.

I certainly agree that it is sufficient if the total *energy* of the output and input can be directly measured. The measurement of momentary *power* of a highly dynamic system is not sufficient.
.
.

So we can assume the water and the steam are at 120 degree or more.
The pressure is above air pressure always.

We can assume no such thing. The water shown coming out of the exit port at the top was clearly not at 130°C. The pressure clearly was not high. The pressure appears highly variable, indicating the possibility of some kind of flow control mechanism.

If water at 130° comes out it will immediately start to boil and vaporize until it is cooled down to 100°. Therefore we can assume, that the water that finally comes out of the hose is at 100 degrees.
.
.
The water in the video at the top outlet did not do this. There was no sign of flash boiling.
.
.

When 120 degree water comes out, at air pressure it will immediately start to boil until the water temperature is 100 degrees.

This did not happen at the top exit port in the video.
I think this process is very fast and happened already at the pressure reduction valve.
.
.
What pressure reduction valve? Are you saying you know there is a pressure reduction valve between the boiler and the outlet at the top of the new E-cat?
.
.
It did happen, when they finally opened the input valve. Steam and water came out. This valve is at the bottom water level and at the coldest level. So if the water where 100° or colder then there wouldnt have been any steam.
.
.
That to me is a sign that both the input water flow and output flow at the top was stopped.
.
.
Of course you can assume this is a tricky fraud, but this is impossible to prove via internet. Only time and Rossi can answer this question, I cannot. Therefore I dont assume fraud or tricks, because this is impossible via internet.
.
.
I did not say there was any fraud or trick. I've seen a lot of self deception in the free energy field over the last 15 years. Some researchers, when they observe an apparent excess energy effect, manipulate the variables to enhance the apparent effect, without regard for the possibility that it is merely an artifact that is being amplified. Other researchers do everything they or anyone else can think of to rule out artifacts. Rossi and associates appear to fall more into the first group than the second, regardless of whether the effect is all artifact or not
.
.

Best regards,

Peter