>From Jed<-Storms;

> Jed, just so you are clear in your understanding, the response
> by the DOE has NO relationship to what the person who wrote the
> reply letter believes. He wrote the OFFICIAL policy of the organization.
> The official policy determines how the organization will respond to
> proposals and to questions. Investors and industry typically ask the
> DOE what they believe. If they say CF is nonsense, no money will be
> invested because the career of the person in the company making
> such a decision can be put in jeopardy.  Therefore, official policy has
> a big influence on decisions throughout the system.  The DOE,
> NASA, and the military have access to the same information yet
> they arrive at different official conclusions. Why do you think this is
> the case? The reason has no relationship to the evidence supporting
> CF claims or to personal beliefs within the organizations.

The implication seems to be that person or organization that really
wants to know if there is anything of value going on in CF research:
DYOHW.

(Do Your Own Home Work).

It's easy for the cynical part of me to wonder of what value does DOE
perform these days.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com