Peter Heckert <peter.heck...@arcor.de> wrote:

> found a video that demonstrates how easy steam calorimetry can be done:
>
> <http://youtu.be/OHvnpYgg_rw>
>
> No heat excanger needed as they will use at sweden and no 6 months of
> preparation as Levi claimed.

This is a steam sparge test. This is what I have been telling Rossi and
others they should do for the last year or so. So far they have ignored me.

This test works just as well with steam or with a mixture of steam and
water. "Wet" steam does not affect it at all.

Some people have claimed this method is inaccurate but that that has not
been my experience.

I do not understand why they intend to use a heat exchanger. Why not simply
run water through the thing, the way they did in the 18-hour test in
February? It may be less efficient but that makes no difference.

I do not think that Levl claimed or meant that it would take 6 months of
preparation to measure enthalpy. I think he meant it would take some months
to do a thorough test of enthalpy, particles, and other nuclear effects in a
way that would be suitable for a first-rank peer-reviewed journal.