On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted this response, which I expect Krivit will not allow --
> Krivit wrote:
> "However, Rossi heated the device with 2.7 kilowatts of electricity for four
> hours in advance. This amounts to 38.88 megaJoules of energy."
> The implication here appears to be that during 4 hours in advance, the 33.88
> MJ of input were somehow stored in the device. If that had been the case,
> the device would have remained at room temperature. There would a heat
> deficit. There was no such deficit, and it is physically impossible for
> there to be one. Nearly the entire 33.88 MJ that went in during this period
> came right out again. There was a balance. Actually it was slightly
> exothermic. In any case, even if 38 gigawatts had been input before the
> event, that would make no difference if all of that heat came out as soon as
> it went in.
> The heat after death event can only have been caused by heat generated
> internally during the event.
> - Jed

It is not outside the laws of conventional physics that some or all of
the initial input energy was converted to mass and temporarily stored
as mass.
Usually when we think of E=mc^2 we think of mass being converted into
energy, but it does allow for the reverse transformation
of energy into mass.  It would mean the Ecat asks for a little
electrical energy before it can give back *more* heat energy.

It would be interesting know how hot the reactor was before it entered
self sustained mode. Did it get as hot as one would expect if all the
electricity
was being converted into heat energy?
Harry