Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You seem to be impressed by that graph. If you look closely at the Ny
> Teknik results, the output at the heat exchanger doesn't seem to track the
> logged E-Cat temperatures in any meaningful way.

It cannot track them. The eCat is boiling water at a given pressure,
somewhat above 1 atm. The temperature cannot rise. If power increases, it
will boil more water but the temperature will not rise.

If you capture the steam from the pot on your stove in a heat exchanger, and
you turn the gas light up, you will see no change in the boiling water
temperature but the heat exchanger will capture more heat.

There are minor fluctuations in the eCat steam temperature. I do not know
what causes them. Perhaps hot water, or just instrument noise.

Note also that the cooling water outlet thermocouple of attached to the
outside of the pipe. A pipe is a large heat sink, and a way to "average out"
or blur the heat signal. This has been talked to death here, but people have
not noted that this is actually a recommended technique. It prevents rapid
fluctuations and local hot spots in the water from affecting the
thermocouple. In this case, it may be picking up heat from the steam pipe as
well, so it may be a little too high, but it is still an excellent way to
smooth out the signal and be sure that the heat is homogeneous and real. If
it turns out to be a little high that has no impact on the overall
conclusions.

Note that it can only be a little too high. Not a lot. Compare the thermal
mass of 10 kg/min of cooling water to 55 g/min of steam. Try it! Sparge 55 g
of steam at 120 deg C in 10 kg of tap water and you will see that the final
temperature is a lot closer to the tap water than the steam. Or just do it
in your head. It takes roughly 34,000 calories to raise water from 25 deg C
to steam at 120 deg C. Divide that into 10,000 g of water, and the water
goes up about 3.4 deg C. For most of the test, the temperature rose 5 deg C.
That's in the same ballpark. Maybe the actual temperature rise was only 3.4.
So what? An hour after the power was cut it would have been 0.000 deg C, in
the absence of anomalous heat.

There may have been more than 55 g of steam per minute at times. No one kept
track of the input water to the reactor. There was no need to. That is not
relevant to the calorimetry, in this case.

 A quick example is between 19:03 and 19:22: In that time frame, E-Cat temp
> is steadily decreasing, hydrogen is purged, the frequency generator is
> turned off, and water flow increased (in the primary). But in the following
> 20 minutes, the output supposedly increases from 3.9 kW to 6.1 kW.

That is a different issue. That is when the eCat is being degassed and the
flow through the eCat is turned up, according to Lewan's log. Conditions are
no longer stable and the calorimetry no longer works. Calorimetry requires
steady state conditions, in which only the heat flux varies. When you open
valves or change flow rates, conditions are not in steady state. It is
difficult to model the system.

Also, there may have been a burst of heat then. It is hard to judge.