Humor us a little longer.  You need us to keep from getting bored.

Dave

On 11-11-11 09:07 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
> David Roberson wrote:
>
>> You answer is clearly indicated by the temperature readings at T2.
>> This was very constant.
>
> Yes, of course. It has to be very constant. The pressure did not
> change, so the steam temperature did not change.
This again!
|For a flow through boiler with constant water flow rate, said rate being
|fixed independent of the power generation level and output temperature,
|it's *only* true that steam temperature is fixed by the pressure if the
|effluent is a mixture of steam and liquid water (whether as entrained
|droplets or as an actual liquid flow)

There is evidence that some vapor is stored above the water inside the ECAT and
escaping through the check valve.
Are you saying that this is not possible?  Have you reviewed the test data in
detail?

|You can't have it both ways.  Either the steam is dry (complete
|vaporization), in which case the temperature and pressure of the
|effluent are independent, or it's not.  Your assertion that the output
|temperature depends directly on the pressure is a tacit statement that
|it's not producing dry steam.

Yes, we think this is exactly what is happening.  The steam is not dry. Water
is buffering it from below.

|Steam behaves as a "magic" gas which disobeys PV=nRT  *only* when it's
|buffered by liquid water.

> When heat increased, more steam was generated,
|Only if either (a) the effluent was a mixture of steam and water, or (b)
|the pump rate was increased.  Absent either of these, the mass of steam
|produced must have been constant.

I have been suspecting that the effluent had a quality of less than 100%.  How
can we establish exactly what the quality is?

|In case anybody hasn't gotten it, let me repeat it:  The rate of mass
|flow *out* of the device is fixed by the *pump* *rate*, not by the power
|level.  If the stuff coming out is 100% dry steam, then its temperature
|must depend on the power level, not just on the pressure.

You may need to smack us a few more times before we realize your point.
The pump input flow rate depends upon pressure within the ECAT as a
complicating issue.  This is not quite as simple as you imply.