Granted that Rossi is producing anomalous heat, nevertheless absolutely
> everything else about this story stinks to high heaven. The conundrum which
> nobody can decipher is why someone with a real effect, or a scammer, would
> operate in such a bizarre manner. The only conclusion left is that the
> effect is real and Rossi is insane.

That may be but there is as yet no reason to concede "anomalous" heat if by
"anomalous" you mean "of nuclear reaction origin".  As to Rossi's sanity,
I'm not a psychiatrist, but I see no clear evidence of insanity.  He may be
hiding it well or he may be a sociopath or, less likely, he may be for real
and just very very weird.  I guess we'll find which it is eventually.