Also in the same, rather short, wikipedia article, one can read of the
furious patent dispute (on the mechanism to steer the planes, not on lift,
by the way), of the disrepute that befell the brothers because of their
perceived greed, and of the refusal (for 40 years! ) of the Smithsonian to
recognize their precedence because another contender to the claim of first
to fly had been a director there.

As it is to be expected, if you live in the same world as I do, even after
their discovery was accepted as irrefutable fact (I am sure for some that
only happened when they themselves flew), their role was not. Draw your own
conclusions.

To the hard-core skeptics, two questions:

- did man actually set foot on the moon? Compare and contrast level of
proof.

- how is Rossi trying to make money out of his wonderful, long, elaborate,
hollywoodian scam? I already wrote a detailed post on that and got no
reaction.

--
Marcello Vitale
via Cavallotti 5, 20093 Cologno Monzese, MI, ITALY