What makes you think that a plasma is formed in Ross's device? It operates at high pressure (25 Bars) so I doubt that plasma is involved at all.

I would like to hear some speculation on his reason for using many small reactors instead of larger devices. Is it due to safety concerns or is it the reaction physics or maybe the fuel needs to be prepared under high vacuum or some other size restricting manufacturing method.

I don't see his current prototypes as having commercial value as the refueling process (every 6 months?) will be very labor intensive for 100+ reactors each buried inside a lead shielded insulated box.
Ron