One indication that speaks against the production of steady state plasma is
the pulsed nature of the power fed to the internal heater.

The internal heater is most probably made of nichrome. *Nichrome* is a
non-magnetic alloy of nickel, chromium, and often iron, usually used as a
resistance wire.

When the electric power pulses into the internal heater, plasma may form
very close to the hot surface of the internal heater. When the power is
periodically removed, the plasma very near the surface of the internal
heater cools and Rydberg species of some form will assemble into crystals
and float throughout the volume of the hydrogen envelop.

In a pulsed power feed mode, the power may be high during the on period.
However when the power is measured over time, the meter will measure an
average power delivered to the heater which will be much less then that
maximum power that produced the plasma in burst mode.

Also, the temperature of the hydrogen envelope must always remain below the
plasma production temperature to avoid a runaway burn up reaction.

I conclude from the aforementioned train of thought, the active agent of
the Rossi reaction must be stable at low temperatures under that production
temperature needed for production of steady state plasma.