Am 19.11.2011 23:19, schrieb Joshua Cude:

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Peter Heckert <peter.heck...@arcor.de <mailto:peter.heck...@arcor.de>> wrote:

    If we assume steam was 50% wet, which is physically impossible,
    then we still get a COP of about 3.
    50% wet is rain and not fog or steam.

In 2-phase flow, steam (or vapor) quality is simply the ratio of the mass of steam to the total mass of the fluid, and that can range continuously from 0 to 100%, and experimental plots include data points for 1 % steam quality, so there is no question 50% steam quality is physically possible.

When you consider that the volume of steam is about 1700 times that of water for the same mass at atmospheric pressure, 50% quality steam is more than 99.8% gas by volume, so it would not have to look like rain at all. The mist coming out of an ultrasonic mister would be a very low quality vapor.

Thank you for pointing this out, it is probably correct and I was in error.

But even at steam quality of 0% most of the experiments would give a COP > 1, because the input energy measured was not enough to heat the water to 100° and definitely there was boiling and some steam observed.

So if the effects where faked, then we must have water flushing out or water sucking out or tricks with input energy. All these effects alternating or combined of course could confuse a gullible observer and if wet steam is added, the confusion is increased of course.

Wet steam alone is not sufficient for an explanation.

Peter