On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Craig Haynie <cchayniepub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone remember this? In 2002, (or thereabouts), Randell Mills
> applied for a patent for his method of creating heat with a device in a
> similar fashion to the method that Rossi is using, and his patent was
> accepted to the point that they were going to issue it, until Robert
> Park pointed out that it was a type of cold fusion device. At that
> point, Mills, who had been out happily showing others how to replicate
> his work, canceled all demonstrations and assistance, and stopped
> revealing trade secrets.

It's worth noting that Mills has not shown any working device since
and there has been no independent replication of his work.  Mills
asked Rowan U to measure the energy output of his magic sauce which
turned out to be considerable, if one believes them.  However, I know
of no experiment to restore that sauce.  For all that can be
confirmed, even if Rowan U's information is correct, all that has been
shown is a method of maybe storing energy-- not producing it from
hydrinos.  It's the same story as with free energy claims:  want
respect?  CLOSE THE LOOP.

Eventually, that applies to Rossi's claims as well.  He could feed
output heat back to the input through a flow controller and run
without any electrical heat input energy indefinitely after the
initial startup.  He has never explained why he doesn't do that.