From: Charles Hope <lookslikeiwasri...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Cc: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Nov 23, 2011 6:48 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]: ECAT 1 MW Test Discrepancy

I'm finding Cude's responses informative in this thread, and it seems to me
that he's adequately proven his case now that dispute has been withdrawn.

On Nov 23, 2011, at 17:49, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

This is getting a bit out of hand.  It does not make sense for me and this
poster to continue to state the exact opposites over and over as in the broken
record responses that have clogged up the vortex.  I am happy to respond to
anyone who has a valid point to make, but I do not see any purpose in repeating
the same things.

Yes, I have read your responses(Cude) and find them lacking.   Should I tell
you that I find them informative just to make you happy?   I fail to see where
you come up with your information, as it does not result in a logical sequence
of events or explain ECAT performance.

Your agreements are inconsistent and attempt to cover both sides of the
discussion.  Forgive me to say this but you just do not understand what you
suggest.

I promise to monitor any valid responses that our members require, but will not
continue to repeat myself just for your(Cude) convenience.  That comes close to
the definition of insanity.

If you come up with a valid point, I will certainly respond as I intend to seek
the truth concerning operation of the ECATs.  I have not, and will not defend
positions which are not reasonable and the source of any new information will
not be discriminated against, even if he is a confirmed skeptic.

I just want to make one main comment.  The suggestion that the power output is
consistent with an average of 70 kW to 470 kW is patently in error.  I might
consider a range of 350 kW to 500 +kW because of the suggestion that each ECAT
has about 8 liters of volume that can be filled by water under the worst case
condition.  Likewise, the upper limit would be increased if the water level is
dropping during the test.   The 479 kW average output power calculation
obtained by the engineer is acceptable to me and he is an expert at his art.

Dave