WHY?
Why you guys are creating a make-believe story to justify Rossi's behavior?
According to some there is always an explanation for what he does. Can you
be my PR people too?
Please read the newspapers that covered his crimes. There is no space for
many other interpretations than fraud.
Something could be explained by some obscure forces (like the Mafia or
politicians) to create problems to Rossi, but too much other stuff cannot.
For example take his dealing with silver and gold. Again he claimed he was
recycling it from waste but it turns out he was recycling it from criminal
operations. So the Mafia was involved but as an accomplice not an enemy of
Rossi.

I 'm all for second and even third chances, we all do mistakes, we are all
humans but this individual actions taken as a whole show a very shrewd and
criminally minded person, not an eccentric, strong willed but creative and
productive individual.

As an Italian, as a lover of science, as somebody that went through a lot
of personal hardship I would love the Rossi 's story to turn out to be one
of redemption and rebirth of a compatriot, a story that would herald new
interesting physics, a story that would bring an invention that would give
humankind freedom and power.
In fact, I was enthusiastic and optimistic when I heard this story for the
fist time.
But the disappointment I felt after all Rossi's behavior, after his attacks
against the people that raised simple and well thought criticism (calling
clown people that made reasonable evaluations of Rossi's strange and
inadequate demonstrations) I'm very upset and justifiably so.