On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM, Alain dit le Cycliste
<alain.sep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> About the risk of big black hole,
> the CERN have accepted to start the LHC, not only because current theory say
> that small black hole will evaporate quickly (they don't take risk based on,
> even consensual, theory),
> but because Auger observatory have shown that we receive daily huge cosmic
> particle that are many billions times more heavy (above exaelectronvolt, up
> to10^20eV),
> and that the planet have survived since a few trillions years back.

True, however:

"Experiments using the technique of colliding high-energy particles
with opposing speeds create conditions on Earth different from natural
collisions due to cosmic rays. Heavy particles created by cosmic ray
collisions with the Earth, if they are not strongly reactive, will
retain significant speed and will pass through the Earth to be lost in
space.  Conversely heavy particles generated by colliders (like RHIC
or LHC) using the technique of colliding high-energy particles with
opposite speed,  have a very slow speed in relation to the Earth and
these heavy particles could then be captured by Earth’s gravity."

http://www.risk-evaluation-forum.org/anon10.htm