On Dec 5, 2011, at 4:04 AM, Alain dit le Cycliste wrote:

About the risk of big black hole,
the CERN have accepted to start the LHC, not only because current theory say that small black hole will evaporate quickly (they don't take risk based on, even consensual, theory), but because Auger observatory have shown that we receive daily huge cosmic particle that are many billions times more heavy (above exaelectronvolt, up to10^20eV),
and that the planet have survived since a few trillions years back.

I think you mean millions, not trillions of years back.

The difference between external cosmic rays and the LHC is that the velocity of the center of mass of the colliding objects in the LHC is near zero. Black holes with anywhere near the momentum of cosmic rays could go right through the earth and never be trapped by its gravitational field.

http://www.auger.org/cosmic_rays/faq.html#energy

about magnetic fields, the one at LHC are big, but there are many place on earth, where such field are created, or just a little weaker, including in MNR machines.

Cosmic rays approach NMR machines at huge velocities, very near the speed of light. The center of mass of colliding particles in the LHC is zero, so the black holes from the LHC should have orders of magnitude less kinetic energy and momentum than cosmic rays.

There is also some stars having huge magnetic fields that have been detected. they could tell us about the existence or nonexistence of some feared/expected effects.
I heard nothing about exceptional unexpected effect observed.

True, but again, the velocity of the center of mass of the colliding materials is moving in the case of magnetars etc. Also, magnetars present orders of magnitude less cross section due to their extremely small diameters (about 20 km), and by the protection their 1000 T magnetic fields provide against direct impact via cosmic ray deflection.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/