If you remember this from the Kim paper:

*http://www.physics.purdue.edu/people/faculty/yekim/BECNF-Ni-Hydrogen.pdf*

...local magnetic field is very weak in the surface regions, providing a
suitable environment in which two neighboring protons can couple their
spins anti-parallel to form spin-zero singlet state (S=0). Relatively low
Curie temperature (nickel has the Curie temperature of 631 oK (~358 oC)) is
expected to help to maintain the weak magnetic field in the surface
regions. If Ross's device is operated at temperatures greater than the
Curie temperature ~ 358 oC and with hydrogen pressures of up to ~ 22 bars,
the conditions (1) and (2) may have been achieved in Rossi"s device.

..,thus creating a favorable environment for the case of two species of
Bosons (Ni nuclei and composite Bosons of paired two protons). If the
velocities of mobile Ni atoms/nuclei under the condition...

In order for cooper paired protons to form, the nickel lattice must be
above the Curie temperature of nickel.

When this critical temperature is reached, radiation will be mitigated.
Before that temperature is reached gamma radiation will be produced because
there is no paired protons possible, the formation of cooper pairs of
protons being stopped by the strong magnetic properties of nickel.

In this low temperature lattice case, coulomb shielding from the ultra
strong dipole moments of Rydberg matter produced by the internal heater
will still occur and cold fusion will still result in a cold lattice. But
in this case, large amounts of unthermalized gamma radiation will be
released because there will be no coherent protons to thermalize that
radiation.