No, not name calling. it is a valid term according to many definitive
references, this one from Webster's Online Dictionary:

"The terms Pathological skepticism and Pseudoskepticism were coined, by
Marcello Truzzi (sociology professor at Eastern Michigan University), in the
early 1990s in response to the skeptic groups who apply the label of
"Pathological Science" to fields which Truzzi thought might be better
described as protoscience."

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/Pathological+skepticis
m?cx=partner-pub-0939450753529744%3Av0qd01-tdlq
<http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/Pathological+skeptici
sm?cx=partner-pub-0939450753529744%3Av0qd01-tdlq&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=Pa
thological+skepticism&sa=Search#906>
&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=Pathological+skepticism&sa=Search#906

Bill Beaty, the founder and administrator of vortex-l, has his take on it as
well:

http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/pathskep.html

If a person has only recently (past 12 months) learned about lenr-canr.org,
or New Energy Times, or read Eugene Mallove's expose of MIT's fraudulent
publication, then I'd consider them 'LENR-under-informed'.  I would include
you, Mary, in that category; NOT the patho-skeptic group.  Sorry if you got
than impression.

You are a newbie when it comes to LENR, as many here are, and yes, you have
apparently made an attempt to bring yourself up to speed on LENR research.
Great!  But all of the 'regulars' here on Vortex have been following and
discussing LENR for 22 YEARS; first on the usenet newsgroup,
sci.physics.fusion, and then on vortex after it was created. I still have
some dot-matrix printouts of CF conversation threads from way back in
1989/1990.

And regarding name-calling, I believe you have made more than one reference
to those who choose to bring up the positive side of the Rossi/DGT
soap-opera as being 'true believers'.

     "Sort of like what happens to indiscriminate believers?"
    http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg56672.html

Which is a sarcastic jab at anyone who is on the supportive side of the
'battle'.   So who is doing the name calling?  I think I took the high road
and used the term, 'under-informed', which is an accurate description, and
it at least gives credit to those people, such as yourself, who have started
to read the immense amount of material that is out there and at least begun
to come up to speed on the past 22 years of LENR research.

-Mark