On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:33 PM, Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You'd better hope it's not, says the water in my toilet, the water in the
> sewers, the water exposed to toxic metals in mines, and the water used to
> clean slaughter houses, after accidents, in mortuaries and infectious
> disease labs... do I really need to continue?

Indeed, homeopathy implies that the detoxification of water invloves
more than simply removing the material contaminants. Conventional
water treatment might make the water "safe" to drink, but from the
standpoint of homeopathy the water might need to undergo further
reconditioning before it is "good" to drink.

> Chiropractic manipulation done very cautiously and gently may make people
> feel a bit better from minor muscle spams, aches and pains.  The theory of
> chiropractic, namely that disease is caused by misalignment of the spine, is
> absurd.  Nor can manipulation change the alignment of the spine which is
> held in place by steel-strong ligaments.  Experiments in cadavers verify
> that manipulation would have to tear off your head to reach the strength
> required to do what chiropractors claim.

The assumption here is that cadavers provide an accurate model of the living.

Wouldn't catscans or MRI's of the living be a better way to test the claims?

harry