On 11-12-15 11:46 PM, Mary Yugo wrote:

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com <mailto:sa...@pobox.com>> wrote:

    Were those experiments done *before* or *after* onset of rigor mortis?

Fresh cadavers-- and it was quite a while ago for the study I remember. As to MRI and CT studies of the same phenomenon, I'm pretty sure they've been done but I have not looked for them. Chiropractors also abuse and misuse and misinterpret and take inferior X-rays. I am not convinced chiropractic as practiced now should be legal. I once encountered a woman who had delayed breast cancer treatment because she had bone pain from metastasis and a chiropractor had treated it as a back sprain. A medical doctor would have been more likely to have done the right tests and made the right diagnosis because most will do a complete exam at least once with a new patient or a serious new complaint.

"If all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail."

As it happens, once breast cancer has metastasized into the bones it's considered stage 4, incurable by conventional means, so she may not have missed much by failing to have it properly diagnosed...

OTOH such tales of totally retarded diagnoses by chiropractors are not so uncommon as all that. Someone my dad knew was being treated by chiropractor for a pinched nerve. He finally went to a regular doctor (due to the urging of his wife) and found out it was heart disease. (Lucky for him, he found out *before* the autopsy.)