Exciting times.
If these Celani replications are accurate, and MIT has been witnessing Arata's
excess heat, then expect a peer-reviewed paper from someone in the near future.
 If the patent work gets muddled due to decades of work by too many players,
the courts may have their hands full for sometime.
Before the courts determine a victor, who will the "people" identify as the
inventor? I believe that it may just come down to "branding".

So, if Nickel Hydrogen really takes off, who gets the credit?

Do Fleichmann and Ponns recapture the headlines purely for vindication?
Do Focardi and Piantelli get the credit for the original Ni-H work and patents?
Do Arata or Mills get credit based on more robust patents?
Does Rossi get credit for the idea to use of nanoparticles? (Even if his
current incarnation of the E-Cat proves to be a kludgy fraud, the nano-nickel
was a good idea)
Does Defkalion get credit for providing their radio frequency generator, and
having a better-engineered product?

I ask this, because the VAST majority of laymen only know of Cold Fusion, what
the media told them in 1989/1990.  The VAST majority of laymen have never heard
the term "LENR."  The winners and losers during such a revelation may be those
with the best PR team and spokesmen.