After thinking a little bit about the calculations I did (see below) and
considering what I have learned from this year reading vortex, I came to
the conclusion that the engineering approach proposed by Aussie Guy (and
also Rossi) is the best approach forward in the LERN field... If one
manages to show a LERN device that runs for days on its own and that is
able to light a single small light (a LED would suffice) during its
operation, we will see proper resources employed to do good research on
LERN all over the World. This will result in the production of devices that
will really change the way we live.

Aussie Guy: please build your kits. They will sell a lot.

Cheers,

Alberto.